I make this soup every year for Christmas. My mom used to make it growing up, so I decided to carry on the tradition in our family. Jer calls it the “chocolate beer soup.” But essentially, it’s chicken chili mole. It’s SOOOO delicious and the perfect winter soup. Many of you have been asking me this for literally years… I know sorry I am not a “food blogger” so this isn’t my specialty, but here goes…
If you try it, let me know how you like it! Merry Christmas ya’ll!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons pre-chopped garlic
- 1 large onion (or two small) diced
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 3 canned jalapeno peppers diced (less if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 big bottle beer (IPA) maybe a little less
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate – shaved (I like a little more;)
- 2 scallions, chopped for garnish
- Cheddar cheese for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add garlic and onion and saute. Add red bell peppers and jalapenos, continue to saute until soft. Stir in chili packet and cinnamon and cook until spices smell yummy! Add tomatoes, pinto beans, black beans, shredded chicken, and beer. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Use cheese grater to shave and stir in chocolate. Serve with soiur cream, green onions, and cheese!
Serves AT LEAST 6 people.
Joy to the world, God is with us, oh come let us adore Him!