Lara Bars have always been my bar of choice. They are made from foods, rather than mysterious unpronounceable ingredients. I trust what I’m putting into my body when I eat these, but they are still 2 bucks a pop… soooo I decided to make my own. I have tried a variety of recipes but this one is the simplest, and it’s simply delicious.
- Dry Roasted Almonds (I’ve also used raw almonds, but dry help make the bars less “sticky”)
- Optional: A tsp of honey
- Optional: Prunes (this makes the bars a lot sweeter)
- In a Nutri-Bullet (or blender) pour in 1 cup almonds and blend until dry and powdery consistency.
- Remove the pits from the dates, and dump in approx 12 dates, or enough to make the powdery consistency turn to a moldable consistency. Blend the dates and almonds.
- Pour in 1/2 cup cranberries and a double-dash of cinnamon and blend again.
- Spread out the mixture from the blender onto a pan and pat down to about 1/2 inch think.
- Place in fridge for a few hours to harden, then cut into squares and and saran wrap and store in pantry (or fridge but I don’t like to eat them cold).
- Grab for on-the-go goodness!
These are also great with almond butter or peanut butter spread over the tops!