Let’s face it… February is always that time of the year when everyone falls into a slump or a funk. Maybe you’ve lost the New Year’s resolution hype, maybe it’s still freezing outside, maybe spring break couldn’t seam farther away, maybe you’re half way through the school term, maybe you’re still not engaged, maybe you’re lease isn’t up yet, maybe you just broke up, maybe there is nothing exciting to look forward too…. With that, I bring you…
Ok ok, so I know this day sometimes get’s a bad wrap, and can often be associated with disappointment, unmet expectations, and loneliness, but not this year! This year your Valentine is going to feel like the most loved person on the planet because I just put together the best Valentine gift guide that ever existed! So wether it’s your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, fiancé, mom, roommate, sister, or best friend, pick someone to spoil with love this year! We all need a little love and cheer this time of year;) Who is you’re Valentine?
Gift ideas for spoiling your Valentine:
- Surprise your Valentine by hiring a babysitter for the night.
- Get them a game! Some of the ones we love are Cranium, Settlers of Catan, and Loaded Questions. You could also make them a custom deck of cards or custom chess pieces.
- Do what your Valentine loves, but you maybe don’t enjoy…just for a day!
- Give your loved one a date each month! Use code: ROLOFF for your first box FREE!!! click this link to sign up!
- Try to contact his/her favorite author, athlete, blogger, or someone they look up to, and ask if they would send a personal message or video to a big time fan (aka your Valentine)!
- Get them a new leather bound study Bible, engrave their name on it, and highlight all their favorite verses in it!
- Plan a whole day and surprise him or her (turn off your phones) = no phone zone
- Gift card or credit to an airline to travel somewhere. Let them pick the destination!
- Surprise your Valentine with tickets to Disneyland, a concert, musical, play, conference or game.
- Write your Valentine notes that say “open when….” (i.e. “open when you’re stressed,” “open when you’re sad,” “open when you you want to celebrate”)
- Make a collage of quotes from all their favorite books. Have it calligraphed and frame it!
- Gift your Valentine with a new perfume or cologne (you can even customize it!) These are our favorites. I wore the girl version and Jer wore the guy version for our wedding day! I will always associate that smell with our wedding day, and they say smell brings back more memories/nostalgia then photos, writings, ect;)
- Write your Valentine a poem, even if you are terrible at it (that might even be more meaningful).
- Design a custom/personalized embroidered patch for your Valentine to put on their apron, bag, blanket ect.
- Give your loved one a gift card to Airbnb! Get away for the weekend or an overnight! You can buy a gift card for whatever amount you choose by clicking >>here<<
- Give them something that you would normally never buy, but you know they will love it! If you don’t like candles but she loves them, or if you hate beer but he loves it!
- Couples massage gift certificate!
- A new book! I’ve listed a bunch of books you can order on Amazon to arrive before Valentine’s day! See the grid of images below!
(click image to order)
More ideas for the Gentlemen:
Buy him a gift for each room of your house or apt. Place them in each room and guide him through to open the gifts in that room.
Kitchen = custom beer opener.
Living room = blanket, movie, game, ect.
Bedroom = new sheets, a manly smelling candle, a headlamp for reading, slippers
Office = a really nice pen or calendar
Bathroom = a life hack book or something to read while he’s “doing his business,” or really nice aftershave
Closet = lingerie for you, or new pajamas for him!
Laundry room = a pillow case that you stitch a message on for when he travels, new socks cause they always get lost
Garage = a custom neon light, beer fridge, tools, tool chest, something for his car
More Ideas for the Ladies:
A box full of candles and then light them throughout the house and make a bubble bath play her favorite music, or read to her.
These Pajamas. Duh!
***Also!!! Don’t forget that Jeremy and I are launching our blog www.beating50percent.com on VALENTINE’S DAY!
What better day to launch a marriage blog than the day of love! If you would like to support us on launch day please click the link below and pledge to our Thunderclap! All you have to do is go to this link, click support with Facebook, Twitter or both and you will help us spread the message about #beating50percent on launch day!!!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE IF YOU CHOOSE TO HELP US IN THIS WAY!!!